Wetlands Bird Hide Access

Birlingham Village Forum posts from 2020
edthompson56

Wetlands Bird Hide Access

Post by edthompson56 »

I have been trying to vary the route of my daily walk around/through Birlingham and area. Last week I ventured to the Wetlands Reserve on the way to Nafford Lock. The sign at the start of the trail talks of "permissive access" and the hide at the end of the trail is secured through a combination lock. Can anyone tell me whether this is accessible to the public/local residents and if so then how do I find out the code?

Thanks
Ed Thompson @ Dairy Cottage

BirlinghamAdmin
Site Admin

Re: Wetlands Bird Hide Access

Post by BirlinghamAdmin »

We believe that the hide is accessible only by members of the Wildlife Trust; enclosed spaces like this are probably best avoided anyway at this time because of social distancing requirements.

Although there is permissive access to the track, there is no public footpath and walkers are not generally encouraged to use the track, particularly at this time of year when birds are nesting. Social distancing is also difficult if meeting people on the track. Obviously dogs should not be allowed to run free in this area at any time.

If we can find any further information we will post it here. Meanwhile, we can recommend the walk to Nafford Lock, which is a wide open area and pleasant to visit at any time of year!

June Hiden

Safer Neighbourhood Team

Post by June Hiden »

The use of the hide would not be appropriate and the fact that there would not be 2 metres of room for social distancing means this is not appropriate.

PCSO 6427 Julie Pardoe
Pershore Rural North and South
West Mercia Police

sylvia morgan

Post by sylvia morgan »

The hide at Nafford Lock is large enough for two people I would have thought, and is available for use. I have the password for the lock or it is available from Worcestershire Wildlife Trust. I live across the road from you at 2 Brook Cottages so do knock if you feel you would like to try it. Sylvia Morgan

sylvia morgan

Post by sylvia morgan »

If it is inappropriate at this time as we have been informed then keep in mind for future use. I don't want to go against the guidelines!

edthompson56

Post by edthompson56 »

Thanks for that Sylvia. I will only visit the hide when it is appropriate to do so but thanks for answering my question.